Doing exercises to strengthen your back and lower back are extremely recommended by experts due to the fact that these are the sort of exercises that alleviate and prevent back pain. Furthermore, these exercises can help strengthen your core, legs, and arm muscles.
It’s a well-known fact that exercise helps increase blood flow throughout the body, which reduces stiffness.
In this article, we will explain the best exercises for strengthening your back and lower back. Stick around as this article might prove useful to you or to someone who regularly experiences back pain.
Beside the necessary exercises you should use Back Support for Office Chair where you may be seat for long time. Please check Furnishingsgear for top rated back supports
Bridges are excellent for working out the lower muscles found on the buttocks. This muscle is a very large one and we engage it every time we move out hips.
The muscle is called gluteus maximus and it is a very important muscle in the body which helps keep the body strong and balanced.
Performing this exercise requires you to:
– Lie on your back, bending the knees by placing your feet flat on the ground and your hips wide apart
– Place your arms by your side and raise your buttocks off the ground until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders down to your knees
– Maintain your should and knees on the ground while squeezing your buttocks to the ground
– Lower your buttocks on the ground, rest for a few seconds, and go again
– Repeat this exercise for a total of 15 times, or 10 times, and rest for 1 minute, or 45 seconds respectively.
The knee-to-chest stretches are very helpful in elongating the lower back, subsequently alleviating tensions and pain to that part of the body.
This exercise is performed by:
– Lie on your back on a yoga mat, preferably
– Bend both knees to your chest, keeping both feet flat on the ground
– Take both hands and pull one of your knees towards your chest while keeping the other foot flat on the ground
– Hold the knee against your chest for a couple of seconds, pressing your spine to the floor and keeping your abdomen tight
Repeat with the opposite leg for a total of 5 times each and 2 to 3 times a day.
If you’re interested in other great exercises for strengthening your back, you can learn more here.
Pelvic tilts are great for releasing tight back muscles and keeping them flexible throughout the day.
This exercise should be performed once per day and it starts with:
– Lie on your ground, on a yoga mat, with your knees bend and feet flat on the ground
– Keep both arms on each side and gently arch the lower back and push your stomach out
– Hold that position for 5 seconds and then relax
– Flatten your back and pull your belly button towards the floor
– Hold that position for a total of 5 seconds and then relax again
– Start by doing 20 repetitions per day and slowly increase by 5 each day
These are some of the exercises that can help you strengthen your back, alleviate back pain, keep your back muscles stretched and flexed, and of course, strengthen your core, arms, and back muscles. Find the exercise that works for you the most, and start doing them on a daily bases to say goodbye to future back pain.