The Loire Valley in France is a stunning region with plenty to see and do. If you’re planning a trip there with your kids, this article will give you some ideas of the best things to do in the area. From visiting castles to going on a safari, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful part of the world!
What is the Loire Valley famous for?
The Loire Valley is world-renowned for its stunning natural beauty. The region is home to a number of picturesque towns and villages, as well as a number of majestic castles. The Loire River winds its way through the valley, and the area is dotted with vineyards and forests.
Visitors to the Loire Valley can enjoy a number of activities, including hiking, biking, and wine tasting. There are also a number of historical sites to explore, such as the Château de Chenonceau and the Château de Chambord. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an action-packed vacation, the Loire Valley has something to offer everyone.
The Loire Valley is one of the most famous wine regions in the world, and its vineyards are a big part of what makes it so special. The region is home to some of the most prestigious wines in France, including Château d’Yquem and Château de Margaux. The Loire Valley’s climate and soil are perfect for growing high-quality grapes, and its wines are prized for their elegance and finesse.
If you’re a fan of French wine, then a visit to the Loire Valley is a must!
The Top Seven Things to Do in the Loire Valley with Kids
There’s no doubt that the Loire Valley is one of the most beautiful places in France. But what makes it even more special is that it’s also a great place to bring the kids. Here are our top five things to do in the Loire Valley with kids:
1. Take a Boat Ride on the River Loire: One of the best ways to see the Loire Valley is from the water. And there’s no better way to do that than by taking a boat ride on the river itself.
2. Visit the Châteaux of the Loire Valley: The Loire Valley is home to some of France’s most beautiful castles, and they’re all worth a visit. Many of them offer kid-friendly activities, so your little ones won’t be bored.
3. Explore the Caves of Lascaux: The Caves of Lascaux are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most important prehistoric sites in Europe. They’re also a lot of fun for kids, who will love exploring them with a flashlight.
4. Visit a farm or animal park. There are several farms and animal parks in the Loire Valley where kids can get up close to animals such as horses, cows, sheep, and goats. They can also learn about traditional farming techniques and try their hand at milking a cow!
5. Exploring the Countryside: The Loire Valley is full of picturesque villages and countryside to explore. Bike tours are a great way to see the sights while getting some exercise, and there are plenty of trails suitable for all levels of cyclists. For those looking for a more relaxed way to explore, you can also enjoy a nice hike.
6. Visit a farmers market. The Loire Valley is full of fresh produce, and one of the best ways to sample it is by visiting a local farmers’ market. Here you’ll find everything from freshly-baked bread to locally-grown fruits and vegetables.
7. Go wine tasting. This is obviously just for the parents. It would be a shame not to Loire Valley wine while you’re in the area. There are many vineyards that offer tours and tastings, so you can learn about the different wines produced in the region and find your favorite tipple.
Other Fun Activities for Kids in the Loire Valley
In addition to the many great castles and historical sites in the Loire Valley, there are also plenty of other fun activities for kids. Here are a few ideas:
• Visit the ZooParc de Beauval, where you can see over 4,000 animals, including pandas, lions, and tigers.
• Take a ride on the Puy de Fou Grand Carousel, a replica of an 18th-century carousel that has been designated a National Historic Monument.
• Explore the Royal Gardens at Villandry, which feature beautiful landscaping, fountains, and sculptures.
• Take a boat ride on the river Cher or explore one of the many caves in the region.
• Visit the Château de Chenonceau, which spans across the river Cher and is considered one of France’s most beautiful castles.
Where to Stay in the Loire Valley
There are many different types of accommodation in the Loire Valley, from camping and hostels to apartments and villas. If you’re looking for a place to stay that is both comfortable and affordable, we recommend checking out one of the following options:
Airbnb – Airbnb is a great option for those who want to rent an entire apartment or house. There are many different options available in the Loire Valley, so you’re sure to find something that suits your needs.
Camping – Camping is a popular option for visitors to the Loire Valley. There are numerous campgrounds located throughout the region, so you can easily find a place to pitch your tent.
Hostels – Hostels are a great option for budget-minded travelers. There are several hostels located in the Loire Valley, so you can easily find one that fits your budget.
Villas – Villas are a great option for larger groups or families. There are many different sizes and styles of villas available in the Loire Valley, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your group.
There are so many wonderful things to do in France’s Loire Valley with kids. From exploring castles and learning about history, to playing in the great outdoors and enjoying the local food, there is something for everyone in this beautiful region. We hope our list has inspired you to start planning your next family vacation to the Loire Valley!