ITIL or Information Technology Infrastructure Library offers guidance to individuals and organizations on gaining optimal value from digital services and IT. It helps the service provider by providing them with a clear capability model aligned with the needs of the customer and business strategy. Through this best practice framework, the organization has a common tool and language that helps the IT teams in delivering value across the organization. ITIL is considered to be the global standard in the IT best practice and is used by millions of practitioners across the world. The framework has evolved recently from ITIL v3 to ITIL 4.
ITIL 4 can help businesses in navigating the new technological era or the fourth industrial revolution. The speed at which the new technologies are breaking through is resulting in the disruption of industries on a global scale. We are seeing emerging technologies in their fields of Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Quantum Computing, Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Autonomous vehicles, 3D printing, the Internet of Things (IoT), and much more.
ITIL 4 provides the organizations with a flexible and practical approach for supporting their organizations into this new world of digital transformation by aligning their physical and digital resources to compete in the modern complex landscape. However, the context of ITIL is much bigger than just ITIL 4. It has an emphasis on technology and the business world, how it works now, and how it will work in the future with DevOps, Agile, and digital transformation. ITIL 4 is more relevant to service management practitioners, businesses, and software developers by promoting a holistic development approach for delivering services and products. Right from the foundation level, it emphasizes on the transparency, automating, and collaboration wherever possible and working holistically.
Here is why you should go for the ITIL training
IT has become an inseparable part of businesses worldwide. This is the reason why many companies are looking for people with expertise in the ITSM frameworks and best practices. It is the most popular and widely-used framework. So, if you get the ITIL certification after completing the KnowledgeHut’s ITIL 4 training from an accredited training organization, it will help improve your career prospects in the IT-related fields. Here are the top reasons why you should go for the ITIL 4 training:
- Upskill – When you have a knowledge of the policies and practices of ITIL, you will be better equipped on dealing with future challenges. You will learn to adapt to the latest trends and changes in the industry that are related to IT services. Also, you will be a desirable candidate for companies that are looking for people with these skills.
- Choice of Specialization – With the understanding of the ITIL framework, you can get into your choice of area in the IT sector. You can have your pick from specializations like database management, hardware, software testing, network administration, etc.
- Global Opportunities – ITIL is a globally recognized certification that is used by companies across the globe. So, if you get this training, you will be able to find a job in other countries as well.
- New career path – If you decided to get the ITIL Practitioner or Masters-level certification, you can even get into IT consultancy. It is one of the most lucrative fields today. If you are inclined towards training, you can become an ITIL instructor and help other professionals get the certification.
- Faster promotion and better growth – When you hold an ITIL certification, you are enhancing your status in the organization. Apart from faster promotions and better growth, it will also give a boost to your credibility in the eyes of the management.
- Best investment option– The ITIL Foundation, Intermediate, and Master-level certifications are an investment you are making for your future. It is safe to say that this investment is going to reap higher remunerations than you could imagine. Employers who understand the importance of the ITIL framework will be willing to pay you significantly better packages. They know that the talent they are hiring will definitely take the organizations ahead.
- Sharpen your skillset- All the ITIL qualifications, especially the last two ones, will make you a pro in the field of IT service management. With the help of knowledge, you will get during the training, you will have an improved and sharpened skillset.
- Outshine the competition- As an ITIL certification holder, you will be outshining your competition while applying for plum jobs easily. This is especially useful for getting a job in the top MNCs.
- Boost efficiency- When you have a deep understanding of the ITIL framework, you will be extremely efficient at your workplace. There will be more dependencies on your shoulder meaning you will have higher responsibilities. This will also improve your decision-making skills.
- Widen your horizons- Once you have successfully cleared the ITIL Foundation exam, you can choose any certification level in the ITIL that is suitable for your career status and choice of field. Apart from this, you will also be contributing to support your team and elevate the organizational territory.
ITIL 4 has retained several core elements of ITIL that makes it valuable to the organizations as well as individuals. As stated above, technology is changing frequently, and organizations are struggling in navigating through it. ITIL 4 is a set of best practices that supports the organization through this navigation. It is the next iteration of the ITIL approach that incorporates all the best things and expands the service operations and IT to a whole new level. Through this framework, organizations can let go of the traditional process-led delivery, and move to value-driven, faster quality delivery for organizations and people.