Netflix is a leading video streaming platform in the universe. And because it’s present in almost all countries, you would want to watch all of the diverse content it has. Unfortunately, this is a far-fetched dream if you don’t change the Netflix region.
Changing the Netflix region is one out of two feasible ways you can access content on the platform globally. The other alternative is using a proxy service, which is not as effective. Asking why? It jeopardizes your security and privacy. And if these two factors matter to your online internet usage, you’d want to consider a VPN instead. There are certain practices that you need to have at the back of your mind when using a VPN to change the Netflix region. Here are some of them:
Learn How to use a VPN to Change Netflix Region
Your first assignment is to learn how you can use a VPN to change the Netflix region. It’s not a complicated step, as you only need to follow these steps:
- Subscribe to Netflix – in case you don’t have a Netflix subscription already, add one to your account. Again, if you don’t have an account yet, the process of creating one is simple and quick. Sign up or sign in and head straight to the next step.
- Download and install a VPN – once you’ve settled on the right VPN to use, download it, and install it on your device. Make sure that you choose a VPN that can bypass Netflix’s security and technology.
- Connect to the right server – depending on which country you want to watch content from, connect to the matching server. Use the VPN to connect to a server in that region.
- Grab some snacks and enjoy – once you’ve done all this, you’re now ready to sit back and enjoy content with some snacks or popcorn (you deserve it).
To Use or Not to Use a Free VPN to Change Netflix Region
While there are some good free VPN services online, it’s pretty hard to find the right one to bypass Netflix’s technology. And even if you do, it’s only a matter of time before they run out of resources. As you know, Netflix is a huge company that has everything at its disposal to curb the use of VPNs on its platform. If some of the paid VPNs are even giving up on providing their services, then what about the free ones? Very unlikely that they can be up to the task.
Why you shouldn’t use a Free VPN
Here are some reasons why we don’t advise anyone to use the free VPNs:
- Security and Privacy – the problem with free VPNs is that they are free. Why is this a problem you ask? The fact that they’re free means that they’ll seek alternative means to recoup their investment. And these ways may be detrimental to your privacy and security. For instance, they may sell your data and online browsing history to third party vendors. This isn’t so great for someone who values their privacy and security online. Besides, they bombard you with annoying ads all the time, thus, making your viewing experience unpleasant. All this for what? Not paying anything?
- Netflix has sophisticated technology – Netflix is a billion-dollar company. They aren’t running out of resources anytime soon like the free VPN sites. They’ll continuously fight against VPNs, including the paid ones. It’s very unlikely that a free VPN site, therefore, can bypass this technology for long. They can only go so far.
- Limited bandwidths – with free VPNs, you get limited bandwidths. And as you may already know, bandwidth is crucial when you’re streaming online. When you’re using limited bandwidth, it means that even if you bypass the restrictions and change Netflix region, you still won’t be able to finish your series, as pointed out by Mysterium.Network.
So, How Do I Choose the Right VPN to Change Netflix Region?
Now that you know you should always pick a paid VPN, it may be important to learn how to choose the right one. Here are a few pointers that can help you make a sound decision:
- Speed – the speed of the VPN is very important when you’re making a decision. Yes, it may change the Netflix region successfully. But will it be able to enable you to watch content fast, just like Netflix itself does? Unfortunately, not many VPNs support fast streaming speeds, and this is annoying to many users. To know if the VPN you’re about to use supports fast speeds, check the latency. Low latency means fast speeds.
- Price – while you want to change the Netflix region, it doesn’t imply denting your bank account. The VPN shouldn’t be overpriced. Otherwise, you’ll spend much more than what you do on your Netflix subscription.
- Bandwidth – a great VPN should have unlimited bandwidths. This will allow you to watch all of the shows and movies to completion without having to struggle with capped provisions.
In summary, those are some of the best practices you need to follow when you want to change the Netflix region. Try them and see how well they work for you.