Software testing is a process of evaluating the usability, performance, and reliability of computer software. A software tester is a person who performs these evaluations. Software testers work for organizations that produce software or for individuals who contract to perform the testing.
Want to change your job? You may consider a career in IT. Are you afraid that you will not cope with programming? Try yourself as a software tester. It will take a little time to learn – in our courses https://spincareer.com/manual-qa you can become a software tester just in 3 months!
A software tester is a person who tests software to make sure it is accurate and works as intended. They may use different methods to test the software, including using a computer or phone.
Testing can help find problems before users do and ensure the software is safe.
The different types of software testing
There are three types of software testing: manual, automated, and integrated. Manual testers check the software manually, using their own skills and knowledge. Automated testers use scripts or programs to test the software automatically. Integrated testers use both manual and automated methods to test the software.
The most important skill for a software tester is problem-solving. A tester needs to be able to find and fix problems in the software. He or she also needs to be able to understand how the software works and what causes problems. Finally, a tester must have good communication skills.
What qualifications are necessary to become a software tester?
First and foremost, a software tester must have a strong work ethic. In order to be successful in this career, testers need to be able to work long hours and be flexible with their schedules. They must also be able to handle stressful situations and be able to stay calm under pressure.
Another important attribute of a software tester is problem-solving skills. They must be able to identify and solve problems quickly. This skill is essential for verifying the functionality of software products.
Finally, testers must have good communication skills. This is necessary for collaborating with other team members and reporting results to management.
All software testers must have the following qualifications:
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to stay calm under pressure.
How to become a software tester
Software testers play an essential role in the software development process. They conduct tests to ensure that the software meets the required standards and is bug-free.
There are a number of ways to become a software tester. The most common route is to obtain a degree in engineering or computer science and then finish an accredited software testing certification program. However, there are other routes available as well.
One option is to gain experiences in a related field, such as software development or QA. After gaining some experience, you can then start looking for positions as a software tester.
Once you have secured a position as a software tester, your job duties will vary depending on the company you work for and the type of testing that is being done. However, most testers are responsible for conducting tests throughout the entire software development life cycle, from planning and design through implementation and testing.
Job benefits for software testers
A software tester is a specialist who analyzes software developed by programmers.
Some testers check the functionality of the finished product: a website, an application, a computer game, etc. Also, there are QA (quality assurance) engineers. These specialists test the software at the development stage, making changes in the process.
Specialty benefits are:
1. The opportunity to get into the profession quickly.
2. The possibility of inexpensive training.
3. Becoming a tester is easier than learning to code.
4. You can work both in the office and freelance.
5. The high salary after finishing the study.
6. The profession will be relevant for the next 10-20 years.
7. The great career advancement: a tester has the opportunity to grow into a business analyst, project manager, or team leader.
8. It will be easier for you to learn to program.
9. One of the most forward-looking professions.
The software tester is not only prestigious and highly paid, but also an interesting job. Choose a branch that you like: mobile games, telephony, business software, etc.
Education in IT courses
Many people try to get the profession of a software tester on their own but fail. Why? It is difficult for beginners to understand the specifics of the work. Therefore, it is best to get an education in special courses. In good courses, you will get a solid theoretical base and practice, as well as the opportunity to prove yourself, improve skills and knowledge, and find your first job even before graduation. Many large companies often take juniors from their courses and educational programs.
The benefits of studying in special courses:
1. Personal account. You get your own access to lessons, videos, and other materials.
2. Personal mentor. The teacher will be with you throughout the course.
3. Checking knowledge. All your practical tasks will be checked by a professional.
4. Lots of practice. This is the main factor in becoming a professional specialist.
5. Focus on results. You study the things you will use in your future job in software testing.
6. Support after the end of the courses. We will support you when you will be going to your first job.
As you can see, professional courses are the best choice to get a software tester job.
How to choose a QA course?
You should pay attention to these features:
1. Carefully review the curriculum: is it a complete testing course or part of a marketing scheme where you need to buy additional modules?
2. Find out the level of teachers and mentors of the course. They must be at least strong middle-level practitioners. This information is easy to obtain by examining the profiles of the trainers on LinkedIn.
3. Pay attention to the homework assignments and the feedback on them. There should be many tasks. This gives experience and confidence that will come in handy in interviews and future jobs.
It is very important to choose good IT courses – carefully study all the information and read the feedback.
How to get your first job in QA
Many junior specialists get their first job while studying courses. However, if you weren’t lucky enough to get a job offer while learning, don’t despair. You should:
1. Explore the job market.
2. Write a resume.
3. Prepare a motivation letter.
4. Create a portfolio.
5. View vacancies and send resumes.
6. Prepare for interviews.
7. Keep statistics – to which companies you sent your resume, and how many responses you received.
While you are learning, we suggest you apply for freelancing jobs.
As you can see, becoming a software tester in three months is not a myth. Start your learning right now!