Being fashionable has its perks, whatever age you may be. First, a great sense of style boosts your confidence. Another reason to invest in fashion is that it gives the added benefit of being perceived as attractive to the opposite sex, which can be advantageous for singles looking for the perfect partner. Additionally, people perceive you as a capable woman when you power dress.
Whether you are on a budget or have the extra money to spare, you can be a full-fledged fashionista in your own right. It is your birthright to look and feel good, and fashion offers a way to make that possible. So for 2023, here is how you can have that Instagram-worthy look that you can proudly post online.
Must-haves for women this 2023
This year, the big names in fashion trends say you can’t go wrong with these items:
• Micro blazers. Gone are the days when your office attire should be that super formal three-piece suit. So instead of the boring, traditional blazer, why not purchase a micro blazer to break the monotony? Get something black or white and watch how those plain blouses become more interesting with this piece as an added twist. Pin a brooch on your micro blazer, and voila! It’s a Pinterest-worthy outfit that you can share on your social media account.
• Jewelry. As a woman, you can never have too many diamonds. Going for precious diamonds over fancy items is the better choice since you can expect them to retain their value, or even increase their worth, no matter what. Classic pieces will always have a place in the fashion industry, and for 2023, it’s no different. Furthermore, you can wear them during regular working days or special occasions. If you are interested, check out a great feature on buying diamonds online versus in-store at seattleweekly.com.
• Belts. If you already have enough dresses and blouses in your closet, it does not make much sense to buy more. Maybe all you need are belts to create a different look with the contemporary pieces you already have. Belts are less expensive, and you can get them cheap from online shopping stores.
• Low rise pants. When it comes to low-rise pants, you might recall the memory of Christina Aguilera or Britney during the 90s. However, for working girls today, more choices have been made available, and the good news is that you can wear them at the office. You can purchase them in different fabrics like linen, cotton spandex, denim, and more. They also come in varying styles like wide-legged trousers or pencil-cut formal pantsuits.
• Bra tops. Bra tops are popular these days to the millennial working class. And it should not come as a surprise. They offer versatility when it comes to different occasions. Bra tops can keep you feeling fresh and help keep sweat at bay during hot days, too. Moreover, it can quickly go formal with a simple blazer on.
• Work shoes. How is your shoe collection faring for your sense of style? A pair or two this year can make a difference for some of your ensembles. For example, have you noticed how you can use that pair of clean white sneakers with some of the semi-formal wear you use at the office? These are more practical than high heels that do nothing but make you feel uncomfortable at work. A pair of boots for your tight jeans may also be a great piece to add if you still do not have one.
• Oversized shirts. Oversized shirts have become a craze, thanks to the pop scene. You may have seen these worn in the hip-hop industry and Korean culture. You may pair them with short skirts if you want to achieve that cutesy feel, or go dressed down with a pair of jeans and rubber shoes. Oversized tees are comfortable as everyday wear and great for activities like mall visits or grocery shopping.
Sensible fashion buying tips
Being fashionable requires being in the know about what is the latest trend, as well as being imaginative when it comes to shopping. Here are some simple tips for the savvy fashionista.
• Consider buying from local labels. Instead of getting items from famous international brands, you may want to scout for local fashion labels. You might be surprised at the array of selections that your local brands may be able to provide you. Did you know that many famous brands today have their products subcontracted and made from some of the less popular manufacturers?
• Be on the lookout for sale season. The sale season offers the advantage of getting fashion items at discounted prices. Popular labels do this to make room for new things for the incoming season. Furthermore, buying more items during the sale season is an added benefit.
• Consult a fashion magazine and social media for trends. You can get fashion trend forecasts from popular fashion magazines like Vogue, Metropolitan, or Preview. Similarly, you can also follow fashion influencers online to see the latest fashion. Update your style as you see fit.
• Purchase items that you can mix and match. Choose items that you can easily pair well with pieces you already have, and plan your outfit based on your calendar. You can achieve several looks by changing your tops and pairing them with your favorite pants or skirt, or adding accessories like a scarf to ensembles.
• Shop around. There are so many places where you can get fashion items these days. You can get them online, at the mall, or your local market. Also, when shopping for things like accessories or clothes, you can get the style look from a magazine by buying similar items from other providers instead of purchasing the pricier brand.
Anyone can be a fashionista. As long as you know where to shop and how to make some minor changes in your wardrobe or use accessories, you can be a certified trendsetter in your own right.