With more and more people getting health conscious, it is no surprise to see a demand for wellness holidays. Ayurveda and wellness holidays in Kerala are fast getting popular among locals and tourists.
Log on to ekeralatourism.net to get more information on how those holistic treatments and short breaks are rejuvenating people and helping them cope with the aftermath of the pandemic.
Today, more and more people are structuring short Ayurveda and wellness holidays to boost their healthy immune systems and feel good from inside and outside. Kerala has become the focal point of international tourism as it offers holistic streams of medicine such as Ayurveda and naturopathy. The ancient Indian concept of medicine and preventive healthcare is proving to be an excellent way to combat diseases without any side effects.
What to expect during a wellness holiday
Kerala has been a popular vacation destination for ages, and in recent years, a number of wellness retreats have surfaced to cater to the growing demand for ayurvedic treatment. Here is what you can expect during your wellness vacation at an Ayurvedic resort in Kerala.
Pristine location -When you book an Ayurveda retreat in Kerala, u you will find yourself at a beautiful and peaceful location. One can pick from different rooms and cottages based on their preferences and budget. Every guest is sure to find a place that meets his or her lifestyle choices and preferences.
• Several packages – One can choose from various wellness packages designed for different needs of the guests and reduce their stress. Common activities include toga and meditation early in the morning, stress management, weight loss, and other holistic health approaches. One can expect Ayurvedic programs such as detox, anti-aging, weight loss, & stress management. You will love the highly recommended Ayurvedic treatments such as oil massages and steam baths.
Fun-filled activities- Guests are encouraged to patriciate in different programs and fun activities such as bicycling, boat rides, fish feeding, duck feeding, and more. When you spend quality time with nature, you naturally connect with your mind, body, and soul. You can simply sit down and enjoy watching the coconut groove or swing in the hammock.
• Reset your lifestyle – Even a short stay at the wellness retreats will motivate you to change your lifestyle. You can reset your exercise and dietary habits and change your sleep cycle for a relaxed healing experience. Guests are encouraged to participate in Ayurveda cooking classes to learn healthy recipes. The meals are curated specially for each guest as recommended by the Ayurvedic doctor and based on the guest’s individual health factors and choices. There is a strict no-smoking, no-alcohol rule in these wellness retreats.
Most popular Ayurveda resorts in Kerala
Although there are countless Ayurveda resorts in Kerala, a few stand a cut above the rest.
•Carnoustie wellness resort- Located near the Alappuzha backwaters, Carnoustie Ayurveda and wellness resort is a luxury resort. It boasts well-equipped villas with world-class dining facilities. Take advantage of the location to destress your body and mind and enjoy mouth-watering seafood.
•Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village – It is time to get away from the taxing urban lifestyle and spend some time in the lap of nature in the Kairali village. It is spread across acres and acres of land with dense foliage. The village runs its own truly holistic space with only traditional Ayurvedic therapies, medications, and treatments.
•Tekonsha Ayurvedic Retreat – Another luxury Ayurveda resort in Kerala is located in Tekonsha. The wellness resort encourages its guests to participate in a customizable Ayurvedic program for their therapies, dining & sleep that works best for their bodies.
•Kumarakom Heritage Resort- Get the chance to stay in a waterfront traditional house amidst a lush green landscape. The rooms & bungalows of the Kumarakom Heritage Resort are designed in traditional Kerala architecture. Plus, the guests can enjoy multiple activities such as plantations walks and majestic views.
•Tekonsha Ayurveda Retreat – Located in the backwaters of Kerala, Mekosha is an affordable luxury resort. It boasts of a new concept of the “Spa Suite”, where each guest has their own private spa treatment area. You can get the most authentic & personalized ayurvedic treatment in a very private and personal setting.
•Estuary Sarovar wellness resort – A hamlet of Poovar Island, located meeting point of the eastern and western ghats, the area boasts beautiful beaches and backwaters. A stay at the Trivandrum wellness resort will distance you from the irritating big-city life. Paradise and Vaidhyashala are the two Ayurvedic treatments that focus on stress-relieving techniques.
Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village You will simply love being at the Manaltheeram Village retreat that is located on the wonderful shores of the Arabian Sea. Those thatched-roof cottages in a rural village are well equipped with contemporary facilities and exceptional amenities.
Stay at any of the above Ayurvedic retreats if planning a wellness holiday in Kerala and get away from the stressful city life to rejuvenate your body and mind. However, before you go ahead and book a wellness holiday, it is essential to keep some tips in mind.
• Kerala is a great place, to begin with, for all those who haven’t visited India before but should prepare themselves for a really slow and peaceful life here.
• Read reviews and get testimonials before booking a report and make useful comparisons. To pick and stay at one of the leading wellness resorts.
• It is good to read about different Ayurvedic treatments and the various herbs and oils used in the therapies.
• Get familiar with the basic principles of Ayurvedic cooking and the benefits of an Ayurvedic diet and healing spices and herbs.
• Once free from the wellness center, do some sightseeing and explore Kerala and its numerous attractions such as Munnar plantations, Fort Kochi, Athirappilly Waterfall, and wildlife sanctuaries.
Ayurveda has become a necessity in modern life as one feels crushed mentally and physically under the utter chaotic and stressful world. Added to that, a poor lifestyle with elements of alcohol and smoking only makes things worse. Book a wellness holiday today to get respite from your hectic life and make a shift towards holistic health to lead a purposeful life.