Air shipping is a breakthrough in the shipping industry. In the U.S. business world, the main challenge is to respond quickly to customer needs. The only way to meet this need is air freight. Click here to know more. It is an important part of the activities of an efficient supply chain.
What are the benefits of air shipping from china to USA for your business? How to estimate air shipping costs? Do not worry; we will answer all these questions below.
Air shipping from China to USA process
After the goods are produced in factory, the shipping company or your freight forwarder are responsible for packing and loading to the airport. Skilled people load them in suitable pallets.
After the export formalities, they are placed on the plane and fly to the US. When the product is in the sky, you can easily track its position. Air shipping is very advanced in this field.
Before the goods arrive at the U.S. airport, provide the necessary documents to the customs to avoid any fines. Remember that US customs are very strict in importing goods. As a result complete this step perfectly. After checking the goods by the customs officer and paying the duties, they release them. Then the shipping company arranges pickup and delivery.
Air cargo from China to USA
Of course, any shipping method is suitable for different types of goods:
- Any good that is in high demand and the seller needs to fill their shelves with it quickly.
- Pharmaceutical products
- Foods and fruits
- Lives animals
- Samples and boxes
Always read the list of imported and exported goods of the China and the USA in question during shipping. Because the import of some goods to different countries is prohibited. Or others need special permissions.
Goods banned from air shipping from China to USA include:
- Lithium batteries
- Power bank
Air shipping services from China to USA
How do you know which method is right for your air shipping from China to USA? The industry offers a wide range of services for different types of products. You need to consider the pros and cons of each and then choose. Let’s take a look at some of the services that the air shipping from China to USA offers you.
Air shipping is the fastest method of shipping from China to USA. Because the speed of an aircraft is much faster than a ship or a truck. It also has fewer exports and imports formalities than sea freight. As a result, your goods will reach you sooner.
Security is an integral part of air shipping. Because there is no possibility of theft, Pirats, accidents or drowning. Also, using advanced tracking technologies, you can easily know the position of your product at any time.
Air flights services
The airline industry offers different flights with different speeds and prices. This variety is for goods that have different time priorities.
- Charter. This type of flight is used for urgent needs. This way you can transport the essential goods that you need most urgently. This method is the fastest and the most expensive flight.
- Deferred. It is the cheapest method but its transit time is long. Because there are several stops along the way.
- Standard. This flight is suitable for those who have scheduled shipping on specific dates. This flight can be cost-effective if you are dealing with a lot of transportation.
Air shipping from China to USA has a flexible delivery service. You have different delivery ways: door-to-door, airport-to-airport, door-to-airport and airport-to-door.
Packaging and cargo insurance
It is the duty of both to protect. One of the goods and the other of your capital. In air shipping the weight of the goods determines from China to USA costs. As a result, your packaging should not be heavy. Therefore use light and durable materials such as bubble wraps, plastics and newspapers. While packing, be sure to put the necessary labels on it so that you do not have problems at customs. Also, all tags must have the necessary information.
You do not need expensive insurance because of the high security of air shipping. The minimum insurance coverage is enough for you.
Air shipping costs from China to USA
You need to determine the chargeable weight for your air freight rate. You should calculate the gross weight and the volumetric weight. Gross weight is a number that the scales show. Volumetric weight is obtained from this formula: (L×W×H) 167. Air shipping rates can range from about $ 3 to $ 5 per kilogram. The number of each was bigger, considered as a volumetric weight.
But that’s only part of the costs. There are other factors involved in your air shipping from China to USA, such as:
- To calculate the cost of storage, measure the size of the space in which your goods are stored. Feet deep × feet long = square feet. Then calculate the total costs incurred by the warehouse, such as water and electricity, labor, equipment, security and rent. Divide these costs by square feet.
- Packaging and insurance. You do not have to pay a lot of money for insurance because of the high security of air shipping.
- Customs duty and taxes, such as VAT. But note that each country has its own customs laws.
- Peak season. Know the U.S. and Chinese holiday dates. Because in the months leading up to the holidays, prices skyrocket.
- Fuel surcharge
- Pickup and delivery
- Customs broker. They act as an intermediary between you and the government. Their job is to facilitate the customs clearance process.