Maintaining the pH balance is necessary for everyone, even the doctors say the same thing. This is the thing which keeps you healthy, and if you have been suffering from acidity, this is the main reason that your pH is imbalanced.
pH is the short form of power of hydrogen, that is the measurement of ion concentration of hydrogen. pH gets measured by the amount of acidic solution is in the water or alkaline. If the measure is 1 then the water is highly acidic, or if it’s 14 then it’s alkaline. Normally this measure stays around 8 to 9, and in tap water, it stays around 7, which is the neutral value of pH. If you want to know more about this, keep reading this article.
Understanding alkaline water
This type of water is when the pH value stays higher than 7. So many medical experts have stated that this type is beneficial for the people who suffer from acid reflux. This neutralizes extra acid inside the body, and by this several diseases gets easy to prevent. If you are suffering from the same, then, you can try alkaline water, and you may get relief from indigestion, arthritis, and many heart diseases. You will also get your pH level in a normal stage. If you are looking for a good solution for pure water in your home which will resolve the acidity issue by not making alkaline water, you should check out domestic RO plants from www.rocareindia.com. This will give you the best solution from so many health problems.
Health benefits of alkaline
The matter of alkaline water is still understudies. However, various experts still say that it has proper health benefits. There are certain conditions which can be resolved by alkaline water consumption. Such as,
– Helps in Weight Loss
– Improves Digestion
– Boosts Immunity
– Reduces Acidity
– Strengthens of Bones
– Reduces the risk of Heart Diseases
– Detoxifies the body
Test pH or Alkalinity of Water
If you want to test the pH level of water it’s not a that complicated process, for this, you just need a litmus paper, and you have to submerge the same in the water. You have to let it sit for some minutes, then take it out to compare the color with a pH chart of shades. If you see the level is lower than 7, then you have to alkalize the water, and after the process, the level should stand in 8 to 9.
You can always buy a pH kit from the market or from online, and it will consist of some strips and a chart. This very thing will help you understand the level of pH in water.
Make Alkaline Water at Home
If you have been drinking water which has a low pH level, then you must face some health issues, and it can be acidity. For this, at first, you need to consult with a doctor then you can try making alkaline water at home to get rid of this health issue.
You will find various ways to make this water type, you will find special filter available in the market, which increases the pH level in the water, and it changes to alkaline. Let’s check out the processes.
– Use Baking Soda: You bake at home often, so you surely have baking soda in your pantry, make use of that. This very thing has a pH level of 9. For this, you need to mix half tablespoon of baking soda in four liters water, and it will increase the alkaline in that. Stir the fluid and the soda will dissolve in it and then you can drink it to get proper health benefits.
– Use lemon: You have to fill 1.5 to 2 liters of a jug with water and make eight slices of lemon and then add them in the water. You must not squeeze the juice out of it, and let the jug sit overnight, in-room temperature. This will make fine alkaline water for you.
– Add pH drops: If you are do not want to toil much after taking out the baking soda or slicing the lemon, you can always purchase a bottle of pH. You just have to put some drop in the water, and it will increase the pH in the fluid instantly.
– Alkaline filter: You must have a water purifier in your home and you have gone for RO, so, do not hesitate to add an alkaline filter to the purifier. This will enhance the pH value in the water, and it should be done when the purification starts, and just after the water fills the tank. This will be a good option for you and your family.
– Alkaline pitcher: You can buy an alkaline pitcher at home, and many companies use offers the same. So, you will get an affordable option too. In these things, the level of pH stays around 8.5 to 9.5, and this is the exact parameter for retaining good health. This reduces the OPR to give you antioxidants through alkaline.
The side effects of alkaline water
You have read about the health benefits of alkaline water, now you must know about the side effects too. If you consume this type for a long time, you may get a runny nose, headaches, fatigue, softer and darker stools. However, these are the sign of your body detoxifying itself. All of these signs disappear after your body gets accustomed to alkaline water. Also, it will take almost 2 to 3 weeks.
However, there can be one serious side effect which can disturb the normal pH level in the body and can end up to, nausea, tremors, tingling in hands and feet, vomiting. This situation is known as metabolic alkalosis.
The safe part of the alkaline
If the pH level is 8 to 9, this alkaline water is always safe. Even the medical experts say that alkaline provides the best benefits for health, and all are positive. However, there is no proof of these statements, nor there is concrete evidence as well.
If you keep drinking naturally alkaline water, like from springs, which has entirely natural minerals. It will give you the best effect. However, it’s not possible for you to get everyday spring water, because that will be so expensive that, you might not bear the cost. So, how you will get the best water solution? The only way for this to use RO purifier and it will bring you all the solution to certain health issues.